Coaching for Adaptive Capacity
Our coaching framework is aimed at helping leaders develop adaptive capacity for leading your organization through faithful change in a rapidly changing world. Adaptive capacity is the personal and organizational ability to apply and wisely adapt your core values so that your organization will both maintain integrity and continue to thrive in a changing context.
This adaptive capacity in leaders means that you must be able to experience the vulnerability of leadership that comes from entering into an uncharted territory and developing the resilience to lead the learning, attend to the losses, and navigate the competing values that often lead to resistance from the very people who called them to lead.
Building on the work of Canoeing the Mountains: Leadership in Uncharted Territory and Tempered Resilience: How Leaders are Formed in the Crucible of Change, adaptive capacity coaching is based on the convictions that leaders are shaped in leading, require vulnerable self-reflection, safe relationships, and formative practices in order to lead a process of discernment, experimentation, and learning. This enables you to lead a process of corporate transformation for facing your biggest challenges.
Coaching and consulting is customized to your needs. Contact us to find out more.
The Church Leadership Initiative focuses on building a culture for change within an organization through consulting, and building adaptive leadership capacity within a transformation team through coaching. In our approach, consulting workshops lead to a shared understanding of the opportunities and challenges of the church and an organizational commitment to support a transformation team that is coached for developing and leading an innovative and adaptive strategic change process.
In our consulting, we work with the leadership team and key lay leaders to function as a “Transformation Team” to explore the history, core ideology, and adaptive challenges facing the congregation.
- Senior Consultant Tod Bolsinger and his team lead a listening process, three Workshops (via Zoom or onsite) and up to 30 hours of coaching to:
- To create a personalized organizational listening process built on surveys, focus groups, and storytelling experiences to understand the condition, the context, and the core values. The consultant prepares a presentation to the designated leadership group (up to 30 people) after the listening process.
- To conceive, execute, evaluate and learn from missional experiments that apply the organizational core values and strengths to the challenges of their constituents as a way of revealing areas for opportunity and growth.
- To develop the organizational capacity of the leadership to wisely and courageously navigate the changes required for an aligned and consistent expression of their core values.
- To explore and deepen the organizational health of the organization as the Transformation Team leads the missional initiatives and develops organizational alignment for building on the successes and insights learned.
- From this iterative and innovative process, to develop and articulate a strategic plan for faithfully living into your future.
Read below for individuals who endorse the Church Leadership Initiative’s Coaching and Consulting services.
“In the midst of a difficult couple of years as I stepped into a new Lead Pastor role, Tod was a lifesaver. There was nothing I faced that he hadn’t faced before, and through his wisdom and care for me, I’ve come to a deep understanding of precisely who I am as a pastor and as a leader.”
–Senior Pastor of a Large Multi-Staff Congregation
Have More Questions?
Fill out our Contact Form to send us any questions, comments, or concerns you have. We’ll get back to you real quick.