HOW CAN YOUR CHURCH COME THROUGH THIS CRISIS EVEN STRONGER?
While some can’t wait to “get back to normal,” most church leaders recognize that we are undergoing an unprecedented change. So how can we not only survive but thrive? How can we learn to leverage this moment for even greater transformation of our congregations and even greater missional fruitfulness? What does your team need to learn to come out the other side of the pandemic stronger than ever? How do you lead change in such a rapidly changing world?
If you find yourself overwhelmed by the challenges, you want to learn to lead real adaptive change. The Online Adaptive Capacity Cohort offers the resourcing, the team approach, a community of fellow travelers, and the coaching that can help you take the important steps towards more impactful ministry in a radically changed world.
This is accessible, affordable training in Adaptive Church Team Leadership Training.
Online Adaptive Capacity Cohorts
Through an 18-month cohort process starting in October of 2021, you will discover how to be attentive and strategic about experimenting on the edges and re-shaping the culture within your church in order to more effectively BE the church for a changing world.
What Is Included?
- A cohort of 20 church teams, all working in groups of four teams with one trained coach.
- Five All-Cohort Webinars and hands-on experiential learning where you will learn from both experts and other leaders from across the country in real time.
- 18 Online Learning Modules where your team will learn and put into practice one new leadership concept each month. This material will be yours to access and go back to long after the cohort is complete.
- 18 Group Coaching Calls that will take place every month with a coach and three other teams.
- Two Missional Prototyping Experiments where you will learn how to best serve your community and to focus on the changes needed within your congregation to faithfully thrive in a changing world.
- Two best-selling leadership books for every member of your team.
What Will We Do?
- Online content: To further your learning and share with your congregation.
- Webinars: To interface with training and inspiration between summit gatherings.
- Guided tools: To use locally for missional experimentation.
- Team coaching: To support your church in turning ideas into action.
- Cohort coaching: To foster idea-sharing and feedback from peer churches.
Meet Your Guide
Tod Bolsinger is the Senior Congregational Strategist and Associate Professor of Leadership Formation at Fuller Seminary. Ordained in the Presbyterian Church (USA) in 1993, Dr. Bolsinger served as senior pastor of San Clemente Presbyterian Church from 1997 to 2014. Prior to that he was associate pastor of discipleship and spiritual formation at First Presbyterian Church of Hollywood.
Holding both a PhD in Theology and Master of Divinity from Fuller, Bolsinger taught graduate-level classes in theology for 14 years at Fuller’s regional campus in Orange County prior to joining the seminary’s regular faculty. He has extensive experience in church and nonprofit consulting and executive coaching. Building on his work in Canoeing the Mountains: Leadership in Uncharted Territory and Tempered Resilience: How Leaders are Formed in the Crucible of Change, Bolsinger leads the Online Adaptive Capacity Cohort based on the convictions that leaders are shaped in leading, require vulnerable self-reflection, safe relationships, and formative practices in order to lead a process of discernment, experimentation, and learning.
What Is The Cost?
The full price for your entire team (6 people) to participate is $3,500 which includes training, materials, and coaching. However, thanks to a generous grant from the Lilly Endowment, we will be subsidizing 16 churches with grants that range between $500-$2500 for each church team! Please contact us if you need additional assistance or financing options.
How To Register
Please click the button below to fill out a form to express interest, request one of the 16 scholarships, and to learn more about the Online Adaptive Capacity Cohorts. Someone from the Church Leadership Institute will contact you shortly.